Visitors to the Craft Centre in Edwinstowe will have noticed that the display board has been re-designed to focus on Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest. This was arranged by the Edwinstowe Historical Society which has also organised the photographic display about the Rev. John Bellamy, in the village library.
In 1719 the Rev. John Bellamy and Ellen Bellamy endowed alms houses for the poor “and other benefits for 4 necessitous widows” and started a school for the education of 8 boys. These buildings were situated on the site of the present War Memorial. The charity continues to support residents.
On Wed. 16th October, Andy Gaunt’s talk will focus on Sherwood Forest Outlaws and Villains.