Latest News

26 May 2021

June 2021

The faiths and fates of 2 families with connections to Edwinstowe have been added to the website. During the 18th...
Read More
1 May 2021

March 2021

EDWINSTOWE IN THE 1920’S One hundred years ago, when people witnessed the unveiling of the War Memorial at the Crossroads,...
Read More
30 April 2021

May 2021

This year Edwinstowe Historical Society is participating in the Virtual Great Nottinghamshire Local History Fair to take place throughout May. ...
Read More
20 March 2021

April 2021

In a recent Newsletter, members of the Edwinstowe Historical Society were informed that a decision had yet to be made...
Read More
29 December 2020

January 2021

This is the time of year when members of the Edwinstowe Historical Society usually enjoy the annual lunch but the...
Read More
27 December 2020

February 2021

What is the connection between Edwinstowe and the Christmas carol “Once in Royal David’s City”?  The words were written as...
Read More
28 October 2020

Autumn Update 2020

The ups and downs experienced by some members of the Edwinstowe Historical Society during the Lockdown period have been recorded...
Read More
2 October 2020

AGM News and October Update

A Newsletter has been circulated to all members of the Edwinstowe Historical Society informing them that the Committee still believe...
Read More
1 October 2020

August 2020 Update

During the past few weeks additions have been made to the Edwinstowe Historical Society’s website and include reference to the...
Read More
1 October 2020

September 2020 Update

To mark the occasion of the 75th anniversary of VJ Day, 15th August 1945, the names of 3 local residents...
Read More
1 2 3 5