Edwinstowe House – was an extended Georgian Country Home. Built in 1768 by Sir William Boothby
Diana Fassino has sent to a picture of Edwinstowe House as it was in 1940, showing the house standing in the beautiful grounds.
Solid silver cigarette case presented to 2nd Lieutenant (Later Major) Hugh B. T. Hume by his parents as a parting gift when leaving for the Boar War in 1902.
Captain & Mrs. Hugh Hume on their wedding day at Edwinstowe.
In 1914, he was invalided home from France suffering from an internal complaint. He had been posted to India, just after his wedding to Miss. Muriel Wright of Edwinstowe House. A few weeks later he had been conscripted to the Western Front. He returned to Edwinstowe House to recover.
He was mentioned in the 1919 Birthday Honours list appointments by King George V.
War Bulletin December 1914
Madge Riley Ladies Maid…..
Wetland Project Edwinstowe House n.d.
Some of this information was provided by Margaret Woodhead