Ward Rigley Charity

Ward Rigley Charity

In 1867, Joseph James Ward Rigley, left £364 to ensure that his memorial in St Mary’s Church was kept in good repair. Any surplus was to be used ‘for the purchase of good and sound provisions and useful clothing and blankets or coals… to be distributed on Christmas Day amongst the poor and deserving objects of charity who may then be residing in Edwinstowe…and not receiving parochial relief.’